Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Truth Beauty

'Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.' John Keats
There is something about truth that is cleansing and feels infinitely better than lying or covering the truth. 
My friend Shannon and I have super deep, soulful conversations. One of our most recent ones was an attempt to answer the question, "What would happen if we were always truthful?"
I've asked a few people this and I've gotten many different answers. Some people seem to think that sometimes lying is best and that it's in our nature to lie. 
I, for one, only know that I've yet to feel good about lying to someone. It feels awful, and above all things I'm certain that feelings are guides. If something feels bad, it's a message that it isn't right for you and should be avoided. 
Lying feels terrible for me. Maybe it feels good for others, but I'd be very surprised if I found out that someone felt good while they were lying. 
Nope, I am definitely of the thought that truth is the better choice, always. I don't just mean that sharing the truth verbally is the best choice, but also that living in accordance with your truth is the only way to truly live. If you're not living in accordance to your truth, then whose life are you living? 
It's my challenge to you and to myself to live in truth as much as possible. This means to speak truth, live the way that you feel is truly right for you and to acknowledge the truth of your own inner thoughts and feelings. 
What is your truth? You'll know when something is true for you, you'll feel it. When you live in truth, you can trust yourself, but for now, trust the feeling of truth. 


submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment