Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Asking Yourself Empowering Questions to Improve Your Relationships


Questions are helpful in directing our focus. Our brains are amazing in their ability to find an answer to any question you ask yourself. Your brain will search tirelessly until it finds an answer that you will accept as true. When we evaluate things throughout our day, we ask ourselves questions many, many times a in the course of our day. Some of the questions are terribly detrimental to our sense of well being, such as: "Why am I so stupid?" or "Why do I always fail?" Your brain doesn't know if these questions are "good" or "bad" or if they will help or harm you. It only knows that you have given it something on which to direct it's attention until it finds evidence to support it. 
When we understand the power of questions, we can use them to assist us in improving our lives. Empowering questions are ones that put us in the role of creators and help us to focus our attention on where we are wanting to be. This focus will uplift us and the power of our subconscious mind will find opportunities everywhere that we can act on to get us there.
You can ask yourself empowering questions as part of your daily routine, like any habit after practicing it repeatedly you won;t have to remind yourself anymore. Another way that I use questions is to redirect my attention onto what it is that I do want when I find myself getting carried away by negative thoughts. You don't necessarily have to know the answer to every question that you ask yourself immediately. Some you will be able to answer right away, others may take some time. You can ask a few questions in the morning and allow the answer to come when it will, and it certainly will.
As this is a blog about spiritually based partnership, the questions below will be about relationships. Here are some examples of empowering questions you can ask yourself about your relationship, your partner and yourself to redirect your attention and assist you in creating a close and loving relationship:

* What do I appreciate most about myself?

* What do I appreciate most about my partner?

* What do I appreciate most about my relationship?

* What do I love most about myself?

* What do I love most about my partner?

* What do I love most about my relationship?


* What do I enjoy most about myself?

* What do I enjoy most about my partner?

* What do I enjoy most about my relationship?

* In what ways am I worthy of love?

* How am I sure that I am the source of love and joy?

* What can I do to give love to (fill in this blank with the most difficult person you have to deal with in your life right now)?

* What can I do to give love to (fill in this blank with a stranger or "neutral" person in your life)?

* What am I feeling most optimistic about in my relationship?

* What can I say or do to help (fill in blank with someone who is going through a difficult time) to feel good and be well?

* What can I share with others that I have more than enough of?

* What is a skill or talent that I possess that I could use to help others feel good and/or be well?

* What do I admire most about myself? 

* What do I admire most about my partner?

* What has my partner been asking me to do that I haven't done yet? How can I fulfill this in a way that is loving and kind?

* What is the greatest strength of my relationship with my mate?

* What is it that I desire to feel in my relationship? Instead of asking for it, give it. What can I do to give this feeling to others?

* How can I live as my true self (the self that is pure love and pure spirit)?

* How can I recognize and honor my partner's true self (the part of him/her that is pure love and pure spirit)?

* What can I do to give more love and expect less?

* In what ways am I the luckiest person on Earth to have the partner that I do?

* What do I feel is lacking in my relationship right now and how can I give this without expecting anything in return in a way that will help my mate feel wonderful?

* How does my partner like to be given to? How can I find out more ways he/she likes to be given to? How can I give these in ways that will feel great for my partner?

In what ways is my life abundant with love?

In what ways is my partner abundant with love?

* In what ways is my relationship abundant with love?

* What can I do to give love to my mate that will make him/her feel wonderful and increase his well being?

* What is my partner's greatest strength?

* In what ways is my partner the best possible partner for me?

* What can I do to bring good feelings to my relationship?

* What can I do to increase love and closeness in my relationship?

* What am I doing in my relationship that is effectively bringing more good feelings?

* What am I doing that is effectively increasing love and closeness in my relationship?

* What is my greatest strength in giving love or bringing well being or good feelings to others?

* What am I most amazed by in my life and in my relationship?

* How am I blessed to know my partner?

* How can I increase and deepen my understanding of my partner?

* What are three kind things others have done for me?

* What are four great things about being in a relationship?

* What are four great things about being in a relationship with my partner?

* What are four great things about giving love without expecting anything in return?

* What are four great things about loving unconditionally?

* What are four things about seeing the best in all people and all things?

* What is the soul of myself and my partner?

* What are three of my most enjoyable moments with my partner?

* What are three times I felt most connected with my partner?

* How can I be a better partner?

* What can I do to be more centered in love more often?

* How can I have unconditional positive regard for everyone in my life?

* How can I be more unconditionally loving and giving?  



The power of questions can't be overstated. Ask any of these questions and your mind will search endlessly for the answers, show you evidence and guide you to opportunities to make it even more true in your life. The more often you ask empowering questions and the more empowering the questions, the greater the results.
There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.

3 comments:

  1. That final quote is great. All things in life, God, family, all point to one thing: Love.

    Found you through Marriage Mondays at the Happy Wives Club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote too. It's so true, all things point to love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the same books and discussing them when finished… there are lots of areas and negotiating which one to choose will be fun. sildenafil

    ReplyDelete